WELDER CERTIFICATION COURSES
Welding is a specialised skill highly demanded in many industries, at CAST Laboratories we offer a comprehensive range of welding courses that aims to equip participants with knowledge and competencies to perform welding works in the construction, marine, oil & gas industries.
Trainees will learn the practical application skills of various types of welding joints and adopt best practices in preparing and performing welding processes. At the end of the course, all trainees will be assessed via a skill competency test witnessed by Certified Welding Inspectors. Competent trainees will be issued with a Skilled Welder Certificate.
Presented in easy-to-understand modules together with our effective coaching methods, these courses are ideal for any interested parties who are looking to expand their core competencies.
- Introduction to welding: different types of welding joints and positions, welding terminology and welding processes
- Safety precautions and procedures for performing welding in the construction, marine, oil and gas industries
- Documentation of welding processes, defects, and repair activities
- Welding preparation, checks and procedures
- Hazards associated to the different types of welding methods
- Welding defects and corrective methods
- Maintenance of welding equipment
- Hands-on training and practice on welding
- Practical assessment by Certified Welding Inspectors
- Certification of welders
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Identify various types of welding processes and positions
- Perform welding on steel materials for construction, marine, oil & gas projects
- Produce sound welds without defects
Types of Welding Courses & Certification
We provide a range of welding courses suitable for trainees with varying levels of welding experience.
|Course Code||Course Name|
|CWELD01||1G Welding (Shield Metal Arc Welding – SMAW)|
|CWELD02||2G Welding (Shield Metal Arc Welding – SMAW)|
|CWELD03||3G Welding (Shield Metal Arc Welding – SMAW)|
|CWELD04||4G Welding (Shield Metal Arc Welding – SMAW)|
|CWELD05||6G Welding (Shield Metal Arc Welding – SMAW)|
|CWELD06||1G Welding (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – GTAW)|
|CWELD07||2G Welding (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – GTAW)|
|CWELD08||5G Welding (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – GTAW)|
|CWELD09||6G Welding (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding – GTAW)|
- Trainees with no prior welding experiences are encouraged to attend 1G and 3G welding courses.
- 4G and 6G Welding courses are only for trainees who have minimum 3G welding experience.
- All trainees are required to have their own long trousers, full sleeves and covered shoes during training.
Each course takes 6 full days to complete.
(1 full day consists of 8 hours training time)
- 3-day courses are available for trainees with prior welding experiences.
- Refresher courses are also available for skilled workers.
Medium of Instruction
CAST Laboratories Pte Ltd
17 Tuas Ave 8, Singapore 639232
How to register?
Fill up the form below to register your interest, and we will get back to you.
For further enquiries, contact Mr Penna Sharma at (65) 9189 9552.
*Full fee payment is required upon registration confirmation.